In this article, in less than 30 minutes, we’ll walk you through every step of setting up your online store with WordPress. You will be able to make an online store, and you’ve decided to use WordPress to make it happen. After all, WordPress is responsible for 30% of all websites on the internet today and for a good reason. Let’s have a look at every step immediately.
Find the perfect domain name
Your domain name is effectively your website’s address. It’s the part of your URL that comes after the ‘www.’ Ours is ‘websitebuilderexpert.com,’ for example. Keeping your domain name as near to your brand name as feasible, as well as keeping it brief and memorable, is generally a brilliant idea.
Go ahead and click the ‘I don’t require assistance’ tab. Don’t worry; we’ll walk you through the entire process. Let’s get your WordPress website up and running. To begin, go to Settings » General and set the title and description for your WordPress site. You can use your store’s name as the site title and a brief description of your company. Don’t worry if you can’t think of anything right away for the description section.
Getting started Your Shop with WooCommerce
WooCommerce is the most popular online store builder. It’s built on top of WordPress, giving you WordPress’s versatility as well as the ability to sell any type of goods you desire.The WooCommerce plugin must first be installed and activated.
See our step-by-step guide on installing a WordPress plugin for more information.
- Simply search for WooCommerce on the Plugins » Add New page. Click on the install now button, WooCommerce listing in the search results.
- To begin, enter basic information for your online stores, such as your address, country, and region. You can use your retail location information as the address if you’re a retailer.
- After that, click the Continue button to proceed.
- Following that, you’ll be prompted to select the things you’ll sell on your site. For example, if your products require shipping, you can choose physical products.
- Move on next step, click the Continue button.
- Continue by pressing the Enter key.
- Following that, you’ll be asked to provide basic company information, such as how many products you aim to offer and whether or not you sell elsewhere. You can pick ‘No’ for the other option if you don’t have any products yet.
- Move to the next step, click the Continue button.
- The next step is to select a theme for your online store. You can keep your existing default theme, switch to Storefront, or use any other free alternatives on the website.
- Setting Up Your Online Store’s Payments
- now, you have to describe the payment mechanisms so that your store can take online payments. WooCommerce comes with several payment gateways that are simple to set up.
- Simply navigate to the ‘Payments’ tab on the WooCommerce > Settings page. PayPal Standard, Cash on Delivery, Checks, and Bank Transfers are the default options.
- Product Additions to Your Online Store
- Let’s begin by adding your first item to your online store.
- Go to the Products » Add New page to add a new product.
- The ‘Product Categories’ box can be found in the right-hand column. To establish a category for this product, click the ‘+Add New Product Category’ button. That makes it simple for you and your clients to sort and browse products.
WordPress SEO All-in-One
The finest SEO plugin for WooCommerce is All in One SEO for WordPress. It enables you to effortlessly optimize your online store for SEO without any prior knowledge of SEO.